Ivanhoe Grammar School competed in the Interschool Show Jumping competition at Ayr Hill on Friday. Finishing in second place overall, this event was the last in the series and results from this competition determine the final places on the Victorian Team for the National Interschool Championships, to be held in Toowoomba in September.
- Jess Grant was awarded Champion in two divisions on her two horses – an outstanding effort! Whilst Jess was selected for the State team, she will stay in Victoria to compete at several major events over the holidays, including the Royal Melbourne Show
- Cassidy Neubauer placed third overall in her section and has earned a place in the Victorian team
- Edward Darby also placed third overall in his section and will join Cassidy in the Victorian Team to compete in Toowoomba at the nationals
- Miranda Darby placed fourth in her section and narrowly missed out on team selection. She is the first reserve for the Victorian team
- Clancy Grant has ridden well all year and placed in the Sixth position overall in the State.
It is a huge effort for these riders, and given that there are well over 200 competitors involved in the sport in Victoria, it is a credit to them to be placed at the top level in the State.
Alice Davies, Zali Vanderwert, Ella Barker and Steph Dundon also competed consistently during the season, and they have all improved throughout the year, achieving top 10 placings in individual competitions.
Over 54 Schools from throughout Victoria entered teams in the VEIS Showjumping Championship, and the Ivanhoe Grammar team placed second overall, closely behind Toorak College. This is an amazing effort, given the small size of our team!